Nike Volleyball Camp in Fayetteville
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 Arkansas volleyball camp is led by Fayetteville High School Volleyball Coach Jessica Phelan and Ozark Juniors Club Director Jenny Lingenfelter. Girls ages 10-18 are invited to attend our summer volleyball camp held at the Arkansas Athletes Outreach Complex, a premier indoor sports facility.
Our summer day camp in Arkansas is designed to help players unleash their potential. Campers will improve their skills, increase their confidence, and make new friends in a fun and spirited atmosphere.
- Instruction from excellent coaches and staff
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ration 1:10
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jessica Phelan
Coach Phelan has served as the head volleyball coach at Fayetteville High for 15 seasons.View Jessica's Bio ⟩
They have made 13 consecutive state tournament appearances, have won four state titles, and finished as runner-up four times during her tenure. She was named the State of Arkansas Volleyball Coach of the Year for the 2012-2013 school year. She was named All-Arkansas Preps coach of the year in 2017. Coach Phelan also coaches for Ozark Juniors Volleyball Club.
Coach Jessica Phelan played volleyball at the University of Arkansas, where she earned All-Southeastern Conference honors and was named the school’s first All American, earning second team honors in 1997. She was also named first team Academic All American in 1998 and earned the H. Boyd McWhorter Scholar Athlete of the Year Award and post graduate scholarship. She was inducted into the Razorback Hall of Honor in 2011. In 2018, Phelan was selected to represent Arkansas as a Southeastern Conference Legend.
In addition to coaching duties, Coach Phelan teaches Advanced Placement Psychology. She is married to Darin and has three children, Tyler, Lucas and Kennedy, all current Ozark Juniors players.
Head Coach Jenny Lingenfelter
Coach Jenny Lingenfelter is the current head coach and Club Director of the Ozark Juniors Volleyball Club.View Jenny's Bio ⟩
In 2015 Jenny Lingenfelter and her Ozark Juniors 15-1 team (2018 class) won the 2015 Girls Junior National Championships. This is the first National Championship in the club's and the Delta Region’s Volleyball history. Coach Lingenfelter was a volunteer assistant coach for the Arkansas Razorbacks in 2008. After volunteering for a year she joined the Razorback staff as the Director of Volleyball Operations from 2008-2011. Coach Lingenfelter has been on the Delta Region board of directors since 2009.
Coach Jenny Lingenfelter is a former Arkansas Razorback. Lingenfelter played for Arkansas in 2000-2001, leading the Razorbacks to 37 wins and the NCAA Tournament as the team’s setter. She finished her career with 1968 career assists, a mark that ranks seventh all-time for the Razorbacks. In addition, Lingenfelter’s name is splashed throughout the record books as she holds the career record for assists in a match with 88 against Tennessee in 2000. During her high school career she was 3 time gold medal winner at the Junior National Championships at her home country of Bulgaria. She was also a member of the Junior National Team of Bulgaria.
Coach Lingenfelter earned her bachelor’s degree in education from Arkansas in 2002 and masters in Sport Management in 2004. She is married to Carey and has two children, Thayden and Denyka.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 8-12
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JUly 8-12
- Daily Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Friday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Please bring sack lunch every day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The Arkansas Athlete Outreach complex is located in Fayetteville, AR and features up to 6 volleyball courts, bleacher seating, concessions, and is in close proximity to hotels, restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.