Nike Volleyball Camp in Glenwood Springs
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 volleyball camp in Colorado will be directed by Rick Swan, Colorado College Head Volleyball Coach. Players will be taught proper mechanics and techniques through 6v6 drills and fun competition. This camp welcomes players of all skills levels looking to learn more and gain confidence in the sport they love!
Volleyball players are sure to improve their game and prepare for their upcoming season. Campers will experience a positive learning environment that will help them in all aspects of the game.
- Excellent training facilities and instruction from collegiate coaches
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Rick Swan
The 2017 season marks Rick Swan’s 20th as head volleyball coach at Colorado College. Owner of a 482-165 record (.730) since taking the reins in 1998, Swan has guided the Tigers to a school-record 19 consecutive appearances in the NCAA Division III playoffs.View Rick's Bio ⟩
Swan was named Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Coach of the Year in 2017 when he guided CC to the the regular-season crown with a perfect 14-0 for the second time in three years. It marks the fourth time Swan has been honored, having received the award in 2010 and 2015, as well as co-Coach of the Year honors in 2012.
In 2011, Swan earned his first ever West Region Coach of the Year award from the American Volleyball Coaches Association. The Tigers were the top seed of their region for the third straight year after earning their second of three consecutive automatic bids the NCAA Tournament. CC advanced to the regional final of the national playoffs and finished the year ranked No. 12 in the AVCA’s Top 25 with a 33-7 record for the second-best mark in program history.
In 2010, Swan was named the SCAC Coach of the Year for the first time in his career after Colorado College claimed its first-ever conference title. The Tigers finished the season with a 30-7 record and ranked No. 16 in the final Division III rankings.
In 2009, Colorado College posted a 35-5 record, earned its first-ever appearance in the Elite 8 of the NCAA Tournament and finished the year No. 7 in the AVCA's Top 25 Poll, the highest ranking in the program's history.
Swan wasted no time molding CC into a winner, inheriting a team that went 8-17 in 1997 and leading it to the program’s first post-season appearance in six years. Before finishing with an overall record of 15-11 in '98, Colorado College climbed as high as No. 2 in the West Region rankings and No. 12 nationally. In 1999, while going 23-6, the Tigers claimed their first NCAA tournament victory since 1990 and finished No. 14 in the final Division III rankings. They were 27-12 in 2008.
A Colorado Springs native and 1986 graduate of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Va., Swan previously served two years (1990-92) as head volleyball coach at Webster University in St. Louis, Mo., also an NCAA Division III program.
Before coming to CC, he spent five years as head girl’s volleyball coach at St. Mary’s High School in Colorado Springs. Swan’s overall record of 131-17 (.885) with the Pirates included a state 3A championship in 1996, when he earned Coach of the Year honors from The Colorado Springs Gazette, Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News. St. Mary’s also finished second (1994), third (1997) and fourth (1995) at the state tournament during his tenure as coach.
Swan and his wife, Beth, have three daughters – MacKenzie, Jocelyn and Laney.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Wednesday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 10-12
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JUly 10-12
- Daily Hours: Wednesday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Wednesday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Friday at 3:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-4:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Glenwood Springs High School is located in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Glenwood Springs is best known for its history, hot springs, and outdoor recreational activities.