Nike Volleyball Camp at Nassau Community College
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball camp on Long Island takes place at Nassua Community College in Garden City. This day camp provides players of all skill levels with the opportunity to learn new techniques and increase their love of the game.
Campers train alongside other athletes, gain confidence on the court, and learn new skills to help take their game to the next level and unleash their potential.
- Excellent training facilities
- Training for all skill levels
- 1:10 coach to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Stephen McCarthy
Stephen McCarthy, Director of The McCarthy Project (TMP), has prepared over 15,000 youth, high school, college athletes for over a span of 17 years. He has developed over 150 NCAA athletes within the sports of basketball, volleyball (indoor and beach), soccer, swimming and hockey, including players who have played the following professional sports: NBA and NHL.View Stephen McCarthy's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
Currently, Stephen is a USAV certified official, a USAV Beach Impact and BCAP I certified volleyball coach, a member of AVCA and JVA, a coach within the USAV High Performance Beach Program, as well as, a certified personal trainer.
Volleyball Tips by Stephen McCarthy:
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 22-25
- July 29 - Aug 1
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JUly 22-25, July 29- Aug 1
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Nassau Community College is located in East Garden City, New York on Long Island.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
August 01, 2018: It was truly the best camp I attended this summer. The coaches were well prepared and helped each and every player perform better in their specific field. Everything was well organised and players worked on all kinds of techniques and play strategies. I always had a smile on my face when I left the camp each day. I feel more confident with my performance in volleyball and my skill levels.
— Natalie T. Camper
July 13, 2018: Our daughter enjoyed having fun and learning new techniques. I thought the camp was run well and effectively.
— Joshua P. Parent
We will be back!
July 13, 2018: My daughter mentioned the camp staff are maybe college students (young) and can easily communicate with the girls. She also can played up with the girls in higher grade (based on her skill). Most importantly, camp staff gave her advise on how to play well, and let them played /practiced for good amount of time. Please host this camp at Nassau Community College again next year! My daughter already wants to come back!!
— Jennifer C. parent
July 13, 2018: She loved the coaches! although it was a long day for my 11 year old she loved playing! Each day she’d come home excited about a win or a play she made. I felt it was a very friendly but competitive environment. she made so many friends and looks forward to going back next summer!
— Stephanie S. Parent