Nike Volleyball Camp at the National Volleyball Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
The 2019 volleyball camp in Rochester, MN is an all encompassing day camp experience with serious volleyball training, excellent facilities, and lots of fun.
Our kids summer camp program in Minnesota includes mental toughness, physical training, and gives players the opportunity to train alongside other athletes who share their passion.
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Stephen McCarthy
Stephen McCarthy, Director of The McCarthy Project (TMP), has prepared over 15,000 youth, high school, college athletes for over a span of 17 years. He has developed over 150 NCAA athletes within the sports of basketball, volleyball (indoor and beach), soccer, swimming and hockey, including players who have played the following professional sports: NBA and NHL.View Stephen McCarthy's Bio & Volleyball Tips ⟩
Currently, Stephen is a USAV certified official, a USAV Beach Impact and BCAP I certified volleyball coach, a member of AVCA and JVA, a coach within the USAV High Performance Beach Program, as well as, a certified personal trainer.
Volleyball Tips by Stephen McCarthy:
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 8-11
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JULY 8-11
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The National Volleyball Center is a multi-use building, which is highly tuned for the sport of volleyball. Located adjacent to Century High School, it gives southern Minnesota a sporting complex surpassed by none. The building and equipment are of world class standards, from the Bio-Cushion II floor to the Olympic quality lighting. There is on-court seating at each court for 60 people. Additional spectator areas are available in the upstairs mezzanine.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Improved so much
July 30, 2018: Mackenzie, knew what to expect this year so she wasn't nervous at all, which makes a big difference. She said that she loved it all and tried real hard at everything. Her goal that she set for herself was to just do better than last year, and she felt she did. Everyone from the staff are just great, last year MacKenzie could only serve over handed from half court....well this year by the end of second day she was hitting it from where she was suppose to. Her bumps more controled. She coming along great with your help. So thankful for everyone there. She already said she wants to come back next year.
— Rhonda M. Parent
Improved their game!
August 2, 2017: The girls really enjoyed playing all week long. They were able to make some new friends. They had goals in mind before they started the camp and felt they improved their game. They want to do again next year!
— Cathy O. Parent
August 1, 2017: She was concerned about her serving, she still is not quite there yet but much closer. She was one of the girls going into 6th grade. They encouraged her and that made her feel good. Keep doing what your doing, it seems to be working. I'm a grandparent raising a granddaughter I encourage her to do her best and to try everything!
— Rhonda M. Grandparent
First class instructors!
August 1, 2017: My daughter loved playing the games and tournaments. And the instructors were first class and she felt like she was really getting better everyday. It was great to see her happy and smiling after camp.
— Rhianna S. Parent
August 1, 2017: She had a great time getting to know girls from all over this area. She said she really learned alot and thought it was the best camp she has ever been too for Volley Ball! Several of her friends that went said the same thing!
— Pat S. Parent
July 30, 2016: Coaches helped solidify love of volleyball and were so encouraging! There were small groups given individualized attention and great feedback at the end of camp.
— Julia L. Parent