Nike Volleyball Camp at the United Sports Training Center
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
The 2019 volleyball camp in Downingtown, PA is an all encompassing day camp experience with serious volleyball training, excellent facilities, and lots of fun.
Our kids summer camp program Chester County provides physical training and spirited competition while giving players the opportunity to train alongside other athletes who share their passion.
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Stephen McCarthy
Stephen McCarthy, Director of The McCarthy Project (TMP), has prepared over 15,000 youth, high school, college athletes for over a span of 17 years. He has developed over 150 NCAA athletes within the sports of basketball, volleyball (indoor and beach), soccer, swimming and hockey, including players who have played the following professional sports: NBA and NHL.View Stephen McCarthy's Bio ⟩
Currently, Stephen is a USAV certified official, a USAV Beach Impact and BCAP I certified volleyball coach, a member of AVCA and JVA, a coach within the USAV High Performance Beach Program, as well as, a certified personal trainer.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that runs Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. Early drop-off and late pick-up are available at an additional cost. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 24-27
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: June 24-27
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: is available to purchase for $20.00 for the week
Early drop-off is available for campers at an additional fee of $30 (for all 4 days). This fee includes supervision and activities provided by the United Sports Training Center staff Monday-Thursday from 7AM-9AM. Pro-rates are not available.
Late pick-up is available for campers at an additional fee of $45 (for all 4 days). This fee includes supervision and activities provided by the United Sports Training Center staff Monday-Thursday from 3PM-6PM. Pro-rates are not available.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPTMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
United Sports is a 127,000 square-foot indoor, 60-acre outdoor sports complex located directly off the Route 30 Bypass in the heart of Chester County, PA.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 3, 2018: Kristina absolutely loved it , camp was held in a very nice active pace, girls didn’t get bored at all. Thank you for the experience!!! Only thing I would change I would love to have the camp at least for one whole week not for 4 days.
— Katerina K. Parent0
A lot of fun
June 29, 2018: The coaches and campers were great, and being able to practice different hits and skills was a lot of fun. Another one of my highlights was my favorite team “the wolverines” had a lot of fun playing the coaches. They did great in pushing us to do better, I’m sure every one that left camp on the last day learned something.The coaches took time to get to know you and get try and make you a better player.
— Lena F. Parent0
June 29, 2018: Olivia had fun and enjoyed the staff and Director. The enabled her to continue practicing her sport in the summertime with other players in game format rather than on our driveway with another friend.
— Jennifer M. Parent0