p1440 Beach Volleyball Camp at Corban University
IMPROVE YOUR GAME AND HAVE SERIOUS FUN!
US Sports Camps and p1440 have come together to offer a beach volleyball camp in Salem, OR this summer at Corban University. Our camp welcomes beginner and intermediate players looking to receive high-quality instruction, improve their doubles game, and have fun!
Campers will have the opportunity to learn and master the fundamentals of the game with focused instruction, strategic drills, and live scrimmages. Come hone your beach volleyball skills this summer in Oregon!
- Instruction from an elite coaching staff
- Excellent training facilities
- Low staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Camp T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Diana Villalpando
Diana Villalpando is the Corban University Head Beach Volleyball Coach.View Diana's Bio ⟩
Diana Villalpando was announced as Corban University's inaugural head beach volleyball coach in the summer of 2019.
A familiar face for Warrior fans, Villalpando has previously served as a key piece of Corban’s nationally-recognized indoor volleyball program as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.
Villalpando brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her new role as Corban’s inaugural beach volleyball coach, enjoying a successful playing and coaching career prior to her arrival in Salem.
As a student-athlete at Portland State University, she competed as a defensive specialist for the Vikings, winning 83 matches in four years and leaving the program as one of the winningest NCAA Division I players in Portland State history. She played an integral role in three Big Sky Regular-Season Championships and two Big Sky Tournament titles during her time there.
After competing for the Vikings, Villalpando went on to serve as the recruiting coordinator at NCAA Division III Lewis & Clark College, before eventually returning to her alma mater as an assistant coach in 2016. Villalpando spent the next year on the coaching staff of NCAA Division I Eastern Washington University, her last stop before joining the Corban coaching staff for the Warriors’ Final-16 season in 2018.
p1440 was co-founded by three-time Olympic Gold Medalist Kerri Walsh Jennings and husband, pro beach player and seven-time AVP Open Champion, Casey Jennings in order to create more and better opportunities in the game that continues to give them so much priceless life experience and personal fulfillment.View p1440's Bio ⟩
p1440 is 100% dedicated to growing and elevating the game of beach volleyball, on ALL levels. Our aim is to engage, equip and encourage our athletes to apply their learning in sport, to life, and to become leaders in the community through service and a commitment to living their best life. We aspire not only to support our athletes’ personal development and the pursuit of their dreams, but also to give them direct opportunities to compete and grow alongside a dedicated community of high performers and big dreamers. We want to teach these athletes to lead themselves first so that they can, in turn, lead others and live an empowered life.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
2024 CAMP INFORMATION
- Dates: 2024 Dates Coming Soon. Join Priority List!
- Age Group: 10-14
- Gender: Girls & boys
- Camp Type: Beach, Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a snack to camp.
- Program: This All Skills Beach program is geared towards beginner and intermediate players (ages 10-14). Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers attending a multi-day camp will receive a camp t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded. Prizes are handed out for winning different competitions during camp.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability, age, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Water bottle, sunscreen, athletic clothes - shorts/tees, socks in case of hot sand. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Beach courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Sandals & socks (in case the sand gets too hot)
- Beach towel
- Water bottle*
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
DAY CAMP SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive
- 9:00am-11:30am Training Session I
- 11:30am-12:30pm Break
- 12:30pm-3:00pm Training Session II
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Campers will train on the sand courts at Corban University in Salem, Oregon.
Camp was really fun!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.