Nike Volleyball Camp at Milton Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our Nike Volleyball Camp in Milton, MA is directed by Simmons College Head Coach, Scott Grandpre. Enjoy Milton Academy's beautiful campus, located just 10 miles from the heart of Boston.
This kids summer camps combines technical instruction, position specific drills, and friendly competition to help you elevate your skills and take your volleyball game to the next level.
- Training from collegiate coaches and players
- Excellent training facilities
- 5-6 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Scott Grandpre
Scott Grandpre is the Head Volleyball Coach at Simmons College. The Rhode Island native has guided the Sharks to pair of winning records against conference opponents in as many years in addition to an appearance in the Great Northeast Athletic Conference Championship Tournament Semifinals last season. Simmons posted an 8-3 mark vs. league foes in 2016 and earned a home playoff match as the number four seed in the GNAC Tournament.View Scott Grandpre's Bio ⟩
The Sharks have compiled a 14-8 (.636) tally in conference action during Grandpre's two-year tenure at the Fenway school and ranked as one of the top-serving teams in the nation in 2015, placing 11th among NCAA Division III leaders. He has already coached five All-Conference performers and as a tribute to his recruiting prowess, his first class of newcomers produced a First Team honoree, who was also selected to the New England All-Rookie squad.
Grandpre came to Boston following five years of experience as a coach at the NCAA Division I level. He spent the past four seasons on the sideline of the Sacred Heart University women's program. While with the Pioneers, he directed drills and administered on-court instruction. He was an integral part to the team's scouting effort and also used analytics to help prepare the squad for upcoming opponents as well as making adjustments and improving the Pioneers' play as a team and individuals. The Sacred Heart graduate also managed game-day events and fundraising efforts.
Prior to his three-year stint with the women's program, Grandpre enjoyed a four-year playing career with the Pioneers. He was a two-year Captain for the men's squad and graduated in 2010 as the program's single-season record-holder for service aces and digs. Following his playing career, he wasted no time getting into the coaching ranks as an assistant for the University of Rhode Island women's team, before returning to his alma mater a season later to serve as an assistant for the men's program.
In addition to his coaching duties at the collegiate level, Grandpre has worked hard to establish his presence in area volleyball circles. He is the Director of New England Amateur Athletic Union and is the Founder and Director of the RIPP Boston Volleyball Club. He has also served as a Master Coach for the TCA Volleyball Club team, while serving as Director of Volleyball Operations for the Northeast Volleyball Showcase in Trumbull, Conn.
Grandpre graduated with a degree in Mathematics and Biology and has put his education to good use, founding Interactive Live Sports Entertainment in 2012. Through his company, he has developed software and applications for the purpose of analyzing volleyball statistics as well as game film, while also making volleyball matches interactive for fans.
Grandpre is married and he and his wife, Jenny, recently welcomed their second child into the family fold this past summer.
This year we are offering Day Camps that take place on Monday-Thursday, from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 9-12
- July 16-19
This camp is open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
Session I: JUly 9-12 | Session II: July 16-19
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Milton Academy, located just outside of Boston, offers top notch training facilities, including 4 volleyball courts.