Nike Volleyball Camp at Rockford University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This 2019 volleyball camp in Rockford is designed to teach technique, work on mechanics, and provide each player with numerous repetitions to help them improve. At Rockford University, campers will train under Head Volleyball Coach, Jennifer Saylor, as well as current players and coaching staff.
During our Illinois volleyball camp, players will learn how to be a good teammate, and enhance their volleyball knowledge. While in an open and competitive environment, campers will participate in individual drills and team games to help them develop in all aspects of the game.
- Excellent training facilities
- 4-5 hours of daily volleyball training
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Jennifer Saylor
Jennifer Saylor is entering her second season as the head women's volleyball coach at Rockford University. Saylor becomes the fifteenth head coach in the program's 45-year history and the fifth over the last seven seasons.View Jennifer's Bio ⟩
Coach Saylor brings with her a wealth of knowledge and coaching experience at the club, high school and collegiate level including ten years as a head coach at NCAA Division III institutions. Her most recent coaching experience in the past five years has been as a head coach at both Morton High School and the Capital Volleyball Academy. Prior to that, Saylor spent four seasons as the head coach at Lake Forest College and six years at Illinois College.
During her time at Lake Forest, Saylor's squads were repeatedly near the top of the Midwest Conference. Her team finished tied for third in the Midwest Conference (MWC) in three of her four seasons including earning a berth in the conference tournament in each of her final two years. In her final season with the Foresters, Saylor was named the MWC Coach of the Year as she led her team to a second place finish in the conference tournament.
Immediately prior to Lake Forest, Saylor served as the head volleyball coach at Illinois College. While at IC, the Lady Blues were routinely a force in the Midwest Conference finishing in the top three in the south division five times including tying for first on three occasions. Her team qualified for the MWC Tournament in five of her six seasons, while also winning at least twenty matches in three consecutive years. In addition to her volleyball duties at Illinois College, Saylor was also the head softball coach. During her six seasons at the helm of the softball program, Saylor guided the Lady Blues to a trio of second place finishes in the south division and was named the MWC Softball Coach of the Year in each of those three years.
Saylor earned her bachelor's degree in Sports Medicine from Heidelberg University and her master's degree in Sports Medicine and Coaching from the United States Sports Academy. Coach Saylor currently resides in Harvard, Ill. with her husband Sean and their two children Peyton, age 3, and Jase, 2.
This year we are offering a Day Camp (9:00am-3:00pm) for girls of all ability levels. Campers can choose between an All Skills (ages 10-18) and Position Specialty (ages 13-18) programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 24-27
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
All sessions are open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This camp is designed for players, ages 10-18, of all skill levels. Campers master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play. Players get a jump-start with their volleyball skills and work on a solid base to build upon after camp.
POSITION SPECIALTY CAMP
This program is geared towards players, ages 13-18, wanting to hone their skills in a specific position. Campers can choose between Hitter, Setter or Libero at camp and receive specialized training on the latest techniques.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JUNE 24-27
- Daily Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Graduation is on Thursday at 2:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check out will follow immediately after.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
Rockford University is located near downtown Rockford, IL and is 90 miles northwest of Chicago. Rockford University sits on 150 acres, and includes multiple residence halls, dining facilities, and state-of-the-art athletic complexes.