Nike Volleyball Camp at Sports House
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Volleyball players from the Bay Area and beyond are invited train with the former Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach at UC Santa Cruz and current coach at Mountain View Volleyball Club, Yelena Skazka, and her dedicated staff. Girls and boys, ages 10-18, will have an unforgettable experience making new friends and increasing their love for the game while improving their skills!
This winter volleyball camp in Redwood City, California is open to players of all skill levels. Campers will participate in technique-building drills. Join us at Sports House for a fun and competitive camp!
- Instruction from elite coaches
- Excellent training facilities
- 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Morning and afternoon training sessions
- All multi-day campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Yelena Skazka
Yelena Skazka is the former Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach at UC Santa Cruz and current coach at Mountain View Volleyball Club. Skazka is also currently pursuing her Master's degree in Physical Education at Azusa Pacific University.View Yelena's Bio ⟩
Yelena Nash (nee Skazka) is very familiar with and not afraid of hard work nor long hours, with her inner drive that has allowed for success in coaching both at the professional and college levels (i.e. UCLA, USC, CSUDH, Stanford), as well as varsity high school and local club circuits in Southern California. Currently, she is a coach at Mountain View Volleyball Club and formerly coached at Main Beach Volleyball Club. Yelena has 5 years of competitive international experience, playing for Russian, Serbian, and Turkish Clubs, as well as playing in FIVB (Fédération Internationale de Volleyball) World Tournaments. She earned her Bachelor of Physical Education & Sports from the Azerbaijan State Academy of Physical Culture & Sports in July 2008. There, she competed on the Azerbaijan Women’s National Team as a “Spiker” for both indoor and sand volleyball, as well as being as the captain for the Junior National Volleyball Team. She was selected as a National Olympic Qualifier in 2003, led the Azerbaijan Women’s National Team to 1st place in the Azerbaijan Sand Volleyball Championship in 2005, and again during the World Championship in 2008. Recently, she assisted the Junior Olympics New Orleans Team in 2015 and helped coach teams to reach the CIF Championship (Division III), CIF State Final (Division II), and achieve 1st Place in the Del Rey League in 2016. Yelena is a member of the prestigious Gold Medal Squared organization for volleyball coaches. She married Anthony Nash in June 2019 and they are expecting a baby in November. She completed her second Bachelor of Divinity at the Moscow Soul Academy and is currently studying for a Master of Science in Physical Education at Azusa Pacific University.
Additional Coaches Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include their assistant coach(es), current and former collegiate players, and other college and club coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Winter Camp Registration Closes on 12/11/2023. You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
2023 WINTER OVERVIEW
- Dates: December 27-29
- Age Group: 10-18
- Gender: Girls and boys
- Camp Type: Day
- Schedule: 9:00am-4:00pm, Wednesday-Friday
- Check-In: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
- Program: The All Skills program is designed to improve the fundamental skills needed for volleyball; passing, setting, serving, attacking, blocking, and individual defense. Campers can expect instruction on offensive and defensive skills through team play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: All volleyball training sessions
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a sack lunch every day.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes. *1-day clinics excluded.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Volleyball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facilities: Indoor courts.
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review
important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to
camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Athletic, on-court clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Indoor volleyball shoes, well broken-in
- Knee pads
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Spending money
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE VOLLEYBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our volleyball camps please see our FAQ page.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive and warm up
- 9:30-12:00pm Training Session I
- 12:00-1:30pm Lunch and rest
- 1:30-4:00pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Campers depart
Sports House is located in Redwood City, California where campers will have the opportunity to play on the indoor courts.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.