Nike Volleyball Camp at the University of Redlands
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Come join this 2019 volleyball camp in Redlands and learn from the best! At the University of Redlands, players are provided the opportunity to improve their technical skills and knowledge of the game.
Under the direction of the University of Redlands Head Volleyball Coach, Lisa Lindberg, boys and girls will have a chance to improve basic skills and develop advanced techniques through drills and game like situations.
- Excellent training facilities
- 4-5 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Training for all skill levels
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Director Lisa Lindberg
Lindberg joined the Bulldog coaching staff in the Spring of 2015, after having spent four years as a full-time assistant volleyball coach for the women's program at Hamilton College in Clinton, NY.View Lisa's Bio ⟩
In addition to her general coaching responsibilities, she served as the program's recruiting coordinator and managed the team travel and summer camps. During the 2014 season, she was responsible for all facets of the volleyball program while the head coach was on maternity leave.
In addition to her volleyball duties, Lindberg has contributed to the Hamilton College Athletic Department by coordinating game management for winter and spring sports and by being involved in multiple wellness and community service projects.
Furthermore, she simultaneously served as the Head Varsity Volleyball Coach for NY Mills High School in Mills, NY, where her teams won multiple conference championships and reached at least the sectional quarterfinals each season. In 2011, she led the squad to the sectional championship and was named the Section III Coach of the Year.
Lindberg competed as a libero/defensive specialist at Smith College in Northampton, MA, earning the starting role throughout her tenure and serving as a captain during two seasons. She finished her senior year with 530 digs in 113 sets for 4.69 digs per set and was selected to the 2002 New England Women's Volleyball Association Senior Classic Team.
After completing her Bachelor of Arts from Smith College, she went on to earn her J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School in 2009. Following a brief stint in Utica, NY, Lindberg returned to her athletic roots so she could better apply her passion for competing, as well as mentoring and positively impacting young people.
This year we are offering a Day Camp that run Monday-Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm daily. Camp is geared towards girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- June 10-13
This camp is open to girls and boys, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
CAMP DATES: JUNE 10-13
- Daily Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 8:30am on Monday
- Check-out: Friday at 2:30pm at the Gym
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided, please bring a sack lunch to camp each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 when you register at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own ball.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:15-11:30am Skills and small game tactics
- 11:30am-12:15pm Lunch
- 12:15-12:45pm Lecture and demonstration
- 1:00-3:00pm Drills, games, and scrimmaging
- 3:00pm Campers depart
The University of Redlands is located in Redlands, California half way between Los Angeles and Palm Spring. U of R contains multiple dining halls, dorms, an athletic training facility, turf fields, gym, and etc.