Nike Volleyball Camp at Webster University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
This volleyball camp in St. Louis offers volleyball instruction for players of all skill levels looking for college level training and a great camp experience.
Both the all skills and advanced sessions at Webster University consist of small training groups divided by skill level. Head Coach Merry Graf has designed these programs to benefit players at any stage of their game with individualized training, full scrimmages, and fun games.
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Merry Graf
Merry Graf completed her 17th season as the head women's volleyball coach at Webster University in 2016. The Gorloks have won the SLIAC tournament eight times in the past 12 seasons, automatically qualifying for the NCAA Championships those eight years.View Merry Graf's Bio ⟩
Webster was awarded the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Team Academic Award for the tenth year while compiling an impressive 3.64 GPA which was top 25 for NCAA Division III.
Coach Graf has been named the SLIAC Coach of the Year four times (2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012.) while compiling a stellar 210-37 (.850) record in the SLIAC. Graf has more than 390 collegiate wins and has a career record of 339-195 guiding the Gorloks. She has coached 71 SLIAC All-Conference players, six SLIAC Newcomers of the Year, four Defensive Players of the Year, two SLIAC Players of the Year, and an AVCA All-American.
In addition to coaching the volleyball team, Graf is the Assistant Athletic Director and the Senior Woman Administrator at Webster.
Prior to Webster, Graf spent five seasons as the head volleyball coach at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy. Graf has coached grade school, high school and USA Juniors volleyball teams in the area as well and is a USAV Cap Level II coach.
She graduated from Millikin University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communications and has a Masters of Education in Kinesiology from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. She is also a USA Volleyball Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP) Level II Coach. Graf was a standout collegiate athlete in softball and volleyball, earning the Millikin University's Best Blocker Award and setting a record for most hits, going 5-5 in a softball game.
This year we are offering Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls of all ability levels. Campers can choose between All Skills (ages 12-18) or Advanced (ages 14-18) programs. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 8-11 (All Skills)
- July 11-13 (Advanced)
CAMP PROGRAM OFFERINGS
This camp is open to players of all abilities, unless otherwise noted. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level.
This program is geared towards girls, ages 12-18, of all skill levels. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
This program is geared towards high school and club level players, ages 14-18, with 2-3 years of competitive experience. This intense, challenging program stresses position play, advanced team techniques, physical conditioning, and a higher level of competitive play.
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE
Session I: July 8-11 (ALL SKILLS)
- Check-in: Overnight campers check-in between 12:00-12:30pm and Extended Day campers check-in between 1:30-2:00pm on Sunday.
- Check-out: Wednesday at 12:00pm.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 12:00-9:00pm, Monday-Tuesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Wednesday: 12:00am-3:00pm
SESSION II: JULY 11-13 (ADVANCED)
- Check-in: Overnight campers check-in between 3:00-3:30pm and Extended Day campers check-in between 3:30-4:00pm on Wednesday.
- Check-out: Friday at 12:00pm.
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday: 3:00-9:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Friday: 12:00am-12:00pm
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Extra Activities: Swimming; bring swim suit and towel
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $15 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts at the University Center-Lower Level
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
2017 HOUSING (2018 TBA)
- Dorm: West Hall
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not included. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase, and a towel.
- Air Conditioning: Yes
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Lambert- St. Louis International Airport.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast for Overnight Campers
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest, dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart. Overnight Campers to rooms.
- 10:00pm Lights out
Webster University's campus is located in Webster Groves, a suburb of St. Louis.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Cannot wait to come back!
July 28, 2016: I attended four volleyball camps this summer and Nike Volleyball Camp was my absolute favorite! I met some really sweet girls and I still talk to them even though camp is over. Nike VB Camp staff don't judge you, if you're not the best player, they help as much as they can! I was very comfortable throughout my stay, and the staff is sure to communicate with you about what the plan is throughout camp. I liked the small environment and that you can talk to everyone so easily. I loved Nike Volleyball camp so much and cannot wait to come back next year!!!
— Alexa C. Camper
Best all around camp
June 26, 2016: This camp was the best all around volleyball camp my daughter has ever been to. The coach was involved, accommodations were great, communication was great, everything from registration to check out was easy and, most importantly, the level of play was great especially for the size of the camp.
— Tina S. Parent
Positive and challenging
July 15, 2015: I would highly recommend this camp to others. The camp is adjusted towards your personal skill level so that no one is left out and everyone improves. Coach Graf and her players provided insight, correction, and praise making the atmosphere positive and challenging.
— MaryAnne P. Camper
Love this camp
June 28, 2015: I have been attending Nike volleyball camp at Webster University for four years now, and I cannot speak strongly enough to what am amazing experience it is for me. I first went as a VERY inexperienced player and the coaches helped me improve the fundamentals to a point where I honestly believe my abilities doubled in just half a week. As I grew as a player, camp only continued to challenge me and make me a stronger more consistent athlete. The coaches were helpful and supportive of me; even when I was one of the weaker players there I was not over looked for higher prospects. I really appreciate this camp and it has honestly become one of my favorite places to be. I will continue to look forward to attending until I am too old to do so. I cannot thank the coaches at Webster enough for what they do.
— Faith B. Camper
Learned a lot in a short time
June 25, 2015: My daughter was so excited to be a part of the Nike volleyball camp. I feel in the few days she was there she learned so much!
— Kelly M. Parent
Work on all aspects
I think that Nike volleyball camp is a great way to spend your summer. You can play with your friends and meet new people, all while improving your game. I saw significant improvement in my playing from the beginning to the end of this camp. It also works on all aspects of your game, so that you can become a well rounded player. Hope to see you next year!
— Camper '14
I was impressed with how the coaches adapted to each campers skill level, and did their best to help each person improve whether they were beginners or intermediate.
— Camper '14
For any level of volleyball, the Nike volleyball camp was overall excellent. So if you feel like you need help or are there to play and have fun, this is the best place to be.
— Camper '14
Fun and hard work
We worked really hard learning new volleyball skills and played a lot of volleyball. During all the hard work we still had time to have fun. The instructors/coaches were great.
— Camper '13
My daughter really enjoyed the camp and felt the instruction and intensity of the camp was perfect. The training that she received has increased her love for the sport.
— Parent '13
Loved the coaches
The coaches were great. The drills and instruction helped me grow as a player. I felt comfortable asking for help when I needed it. I met a ton of new friend there. Staying overnight was a good way to maximize instructional time.
— Camper '13
The camp had a good number of players to the coaches. They were very good at showing me what I was doing wrong and right. They were very encouraging. I can't wait until next year.
Taste of College
Wonderful chance to learn volleyball skills at a higher level! Loved the opportunity to stay on campus and get a taste of college!
Loved the camp and all the coaches! The Webster players were there and played right beside us. They gave us pointers and told us about college life. The dorm room was nice. Very fun!