Nike Field Hockey Camp Mass Maritime Academy
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Field Hockey Camps
Join us this summer in Buzzards Bay, MA for an outstanding field hockey experience.
This camp is designed to help players, ages 10–18, develop athletically. You’ll master fundamental skills, experience lots of game competition, make friends and fall in love with field hockey. Upon arrival at camp, all campers are evaluated by the Director and Staff and placed in the program that best suits them for an experience that’s effective and fun!
- Partner Camp and sanctioned to make referrals to the US Field Hockey Futures program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Excellent training facilities
- Reversible jersey, STX water bottle and STX ball
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Lauren Chenevert
Coach Chenevert has been the Head Field Hockey Coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. She was Central Mass Coach of the year in 2005 & 2007.View Lauren Chenevert's Bio ⟩
Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- 4 CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite Assistant Coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State Coach – 1999-present
- 4 Championships CCC
- 3 Championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching , a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become Collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married 8 years, with three children, Masters in Education
NIKE Field Hockey Camps work with the most respected and accomplished group of instructors and coaches in the country. Our NIKE Camp Directors are talented athletes themselves; they share your passion for field hockey and have made a career of sharing their knowledge and experience with hundreds of young athletes. They, and their carefully chosen staffs, never lose sight of the fact that great players are created one at a time. At NIKE Field Hockey Camps, expect personal, individualized instruction – and with it - RESULTS!Show Less See More Camp Details
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm - except on ﬁrst and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Field Hockey Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
*PLEASE NOTE, THIS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
2017 SESSION INFORMATION
Camp Dates: July 12-15, 2017
- Wednesday July 12th: Arrive between 1:00-2:00pm at the dorms for check in. Players should come dressed to play.
- Saturday July 15th: Final games start at 9:00am. Graduation is at 11:30am at the field. Parents are invited to attend!
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Wednesday 2:00-9:00pm, Thursday & Friday 9:00am-9:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Equipment Needed: hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes and goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment
Facility: Campers train on grass and turf fields. If it rains, there are indoor courts available
Dorm: Basset Hall
Campers Per Room: 3
Roommates: request at least 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: Shared, on each floor
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: No, Fan recommended
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer is on-site and a doctor is on-call for emergencies
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Groups can register online or via mail/fax.
To register a group online: Please have someone contact the USSC office with the names of each camper in the group at 1-800-645-3226 to create a unique discount code. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out.
To register a group via mail/fax: Please have each camper fill out our REGISTRATION FORM providing credit card number or a check. All registration forms must be received at the same time via mail or fax. Fax registrations to 415-526-5933. Mail registrations to Nike Field Hockey Camps 1010 B Street, Suite 450, San Rafael, CA 94901.
*This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 8:45 Stretching/warm-up
- 9:00 Training session- skills/small game tactics
- 11:30 Rest/individual help
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:45 Warm-up
- 2:00 Training session- skills session
- 4:30 Rest
- 5:00 Dinner
- 6:00 Training session- scrimmages
- 8:30 Evening activities
- 10:30 Lights out
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
Friendly coaching staff
The coaching staff is very friendly and does a fabulous job instructing, night games were fun and competitive.
— Pamela C. Parent of Mass Maritime Camper 7/20/16
Prepare for tryouts
Improving technical skills, learning games, all the field hockey learning part was really great and our daughter has learned a lot. I believe it was a great outcome for her to build up the confident level to prepare her tryouts. She made the Varsity. Thank you.
— Kana W. Parent of a Mass Maritime Camper 7/22/15
This camp is very intense in many aspects and the coaches are some of the best I've ever had. Not only are they extremely nice and understanding, but they teach you great skills that you would not learn anywhere else. I would definitely recommend this camp to others as my experience was truly great.
— Claire L. Mass Maritime Camper 7/22/15
Loved the coaches
I love this camp for several reasons. The things I learned will definitely be used on the field this upcoming seasons. I seriously appreciate all that the coaches taught us.
— Julia C. Mass Maritime Camper 7/18/15
Took the time to help
Instruction was clear and they helped anyone who didn't get what was going on, worked with people as long as they needed.
— Maia S. Mass Maritime Camper 7/20/15
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.